Signed as a free agent on January 24, 2018.
- MLS Cup Champion: 2017
- MLS Supporters Shield: 2012, 2017
- Canadian Championship: 2015, 2017
- Iranian National FIFA
- World Cup Team: 2014
- MLS All-Star: 2012
PROFESSIONAL - 2017 (Toronto FC):
- Appeared in 22 matches (17 starts), suffered a lacerated pancreas on July 27 against the Montreal Impact in Canadian Championship play.
- Recorded five assists in 1,589 minutes • played, supporting the team as it won the MLS Supporter Shield with an MLS record 69 points.
- Started both matches in the final leg of the Canadian Championship, beating the Montreal Impact 3-2.
- Started all five of the team’s MLS Cup playoff matches including the MLS Cup final, totaling 424 minutes.
2016 (Toronto FC):
- Acquired in the off season from the Vancouver Whitecaps in exchange for the club’s second highest 2016 second round MLS SuperDraft selection
- Started 29 of Toronto FC’s 34 matches, contributing one assist in 2,563 minutes played.
- Started all six of Toronto FC’s playoff matches including the MLS Cup final, totaling 574 minutes.
- Assisted Benoît Cheyrou’s Eastern Conference clinching goal vs Montreal on Nov. 30
2015 (Vancouver Whitecaps):
- Appeared in 27 matches (all starts), with five assists in 2,424 minutes played.
- Started both of Vancouver’s MLS Cup playoff games vs. Portland on Nov. 1 and 8.
2014 (Vancouver Whitecaps):
- Acquired by the Vancouver Whitecaps for Targeted Allocation Money on Jan 27.
- Made 27 starts while contributing three assists in 2,371 minutes of play.
2013 (San Jose Earthquakes):
- Registered his second MLS goal on August 25 vs. FC Dallas.
- Contributed three assists while appearing in 27 matches (all starts).
- Made one start for San Jose in the CONCACAF Champions League.
- In three full seasons with San Jose (2011-2013), led all MLS defenders in assists with 15.
2012 (San Jose Earthquakes):
- Played a key role in San Jose’s Supporter Shield run, starting a career high 33 matches, contributing six assists and a career high 2,955 minutes.
- Named to the MLS All-Star game, playing the full 90 minutes beating Chelsea 3-2.
- Led MLS with 110 crosses.
- Started both games of the Western Conference Semi nals vs LA Galaxy on Nov. 4 and 8.
2011 (San Jose Earthquakes):
- Appeared in 19 matches (started all), for a total of 1,654 minutes.
- Contributed a career high seven assists, second among all MLS defenders.
2010 (San Jose Earthquakes):
- Drafted in the second round of the 2010 MLS SuperDraft (30th overall).
- Appeared in eight matches.
- Scored first career goal on April 25 vs. Chivas USA.
- Holds Iranian citizenship and was selected to the Iranian national team in 2013, earned six caps.
- Member of Iran’s 2014 FIFA World Cup squad.
- Notched his first international assist November 15th, 2013 in a 3-0 win against Thailand.
COLLEGE (San Diego State):
- Made 17 appearances.
- Recorded three assists.
- Saw action in four matches (one start).
- Finished season with two shots.
- Made 18 appearances (16 starts) and recorded three assists.
- Saw action in 18 matches (10 starts).
- Recorded two assists.
- Favorite vacation spot: Thailand.
- Favorite sports teams: Lakers, SF Giants, San Jose Sharks, 49ers.
- Favorite road stadium to play in: Avaya Stadium in San Jose, CA
- Parents both moved to the United States from Iran in the 1960’s, making him eligible for dual citizenship.
- Served as a San Jose Earthquake ball boy before being drafted by the team
- in 2010.
- Holds both Iranian and United States citizenship.