LAFC starts training camp Monday on the UCLA campus, as the Club prepares for its historic inaugural season.
With just over a month to go before the March 4 Opening Match in Seattle, Bob Bradley and his staff will be putting players through their paces with an eye towards quickly forging on-field chemistry and fitness. At Bradley's disposal will be Designated Players Carlos Vela and Diego Rossi along with the likes of Omar Gaber, Laurent Ciman, Benny Feilhaber, Jordan Harvey, and LAFC’s four 2018 MLS SuperDraft selections.
UCLA will be the home of LAFC’s training until the Club moves permanently to its new training facility at Cal State University, Los Angeles.
In addition to preseason training, LAFC will take part in four preseason games including a road trip to take on Sacramento Republic FC on Feb. 25.
Here what you need to know before training camp starts on Jan. 22:
- Preseason training camp will take place at UCLA including three preseason matches on campus.
- All training sessions and matches are UCLA are closed to the public.
- LAFC defender Walker Zimmerman will not be with the team to start camp as he remains at U.S. National Team January Camp.
- Designated Players Carlos Vela and Diego Rossi will be in camp.
- See the full LAFC Roster
- LAFC’s 2018 MLS SuperDraft selections Joao Moutinho, Tristan Blackmon, Pol Calvet Planellas, and Jordan Jones will also be a part of camp.
- LAFC features two UCLA alums on its roster in Jordan Harvey (2002-2005) and Benny Feilhaber (2003-2004). Assistant coach Ante Razov also played his collegiate soccer at UCLA (1992-1995).
- LAFC will travel to Sacramento on Feb. 25 to take on Sacramento Republic FC. For ticket information go to: www.sacrepublicfc.com.
- LAFC will take on 2017 MLS Cup champions Toronto FC (2/2), New York City FC (2/8), and the Vancouver Whitecaps (2/18) in preseason matches at UCLA.