Skip to main content
- 10/30/2014 – LAFC Announced as the 23rd Club to join MLS
- 1/21/2015 – First watch party in club history, Chelsea v Man City at Ye Old Kings Head in Santa Monica, 15 in attendance
- 5/9/2015 – First ever LAFC supporters Town Hall at Eat Drink Americano in the Arts District, discussed potential name / colors
- 5/18/2015 – LAFC Stadium Site Announced
- 9/26/2015 – First Gensler Design Session with fans and supporters
- 1/7/2016 – Crest and Colors Revealed
- March 2016 – Academy U12 Launch
- 8/23/2016 – Stadium groundbreaking and Banc of California naming rights announced
- 10/13/2016 – Supporter Design Session at Gensler
- 12/7/2016 – Partnership with USL’s Orange County Soccer Club announced
- 1/23/2017 – Delta Air Lines and Aeromexico named the official airline partners of LAFC
- 1/28/2017 – Stadium Foundations Event
- 1/30/2017 – Experience Center opens to public
- 5/24/2017 – LAFC's $30-million plan for Cal State L.A. training site wins approval
- 7/28/2017 – Bob Bradley announced as LAFC’s first Head Coach
- 8/11/2017 – Carlos Vela announced as LAFC’s first Designated Player
- 8/15/2017 – Heineken announced as the “Official Domestic and Import Beer of LAFC”.
- 12/10/2017 – LAFC’s First Trade, acquiring Walker Zimmerman from FC Dallas
- 12/12/2017 – LAFC takes part in 2018 MLS Expansion Draft, acquiring GK Tyler Miller, F Latif Blessing, F Marco Urena, D Jukka Raitala and F Raheem Edwards, subsequently trading Raitala and Edwards to the Montreal Impact for Laurent Ciman
- 12/14/2017 – LAFC signs 19 yr-old Diego Rossi as a Young Designated Player, making him the second youngest DP in MLS history
- 12/18/2017 – LAFC introduces SeatGeek as Club's official ticketing partner
- 12/19/2017 – LAFC announces first matches in Club history
- 1/2/2018 – LAFC announced the signing of defender Jordan Harvey, the first free agent in Club history
- 1/12/2018 – LAFC announces the Club’s technical staff for its 2018 inaugural season. Mike Sorber to serve as LAFC’s Director of Soccer Operations, with Ante Razov, Marc Dos Santos, Kenny Arena and Zak Abdel (Goalkeeper Coach) joining head coach Bob Bradley’s staff as assistant coaches.
- 1/19/2018 – LAFC takes part in first MLS SuperDraft in Club history, selecting Joao Moutinho (1st overall), Tristan Blackmon (3rd overall) and Pol Calvet Planellas (24th overall)
- 1/31/2018 – LAFC and Youtube TV form historic broadcast and jersey partnership
- 2/2/2018 – LAFC ties Toronto FC 2-2 in first preseason match
- 2/28/2018 – LAFC sells out full season memberships for inaugural 2018 season
- 3/1/2018 – LAFC announces ESPNLA 710 AM and KFWB 980 AM as official radio broadcast partners
- 3/4/2018 – LAFC plays their inaugural match in Major League Soccer, defeating Seattle Sounders 1-0.
- 3/10/2018 – LAFC becomes first expansion team to win first two MLS games on the road, defeating RSL 5-1.
- 3/27/2018 – LAFC signs Portuguese midfielder Andre Horta as the Club’s third Designated Player.
- 4/29/2018 – LAFC plays first-ever home game at Banc of California Stadium, defeating Seattle Sounders 1-0
- 11/1/2018 – LAFC plays first-ever MLS Cup playoff match, a 3 – 2 loss to Real Salt Lake at Banc of California Stadium.
- 12/20/2018 – LAFC Announces new club spaces at Banc of California Stadium ahead of 2019 season
- 01/09/2019 – Tom Penn named Los Angeles Sports Council’s 2019 Sport Executive of the Year
- 01/16/2019 – LAFC earns multiple award honors after historic first season
- 01/31/2019 – LAFC wins 4-1 over Japanese side Vissel Kobe in its second international friendly in club history
- 02/20/2019 – LAFC named to “World’s Most Innovative” list by Fast Company
- 03/01/2019 – LAFC introduces Ticketmaster as ticketing partner
- 03/12/2019 – LAFC honored by LA County Board of Supervisors
- 04/29/2019 – LAFC celebrates one year at the Banc of California Stadium
- 07/15/2019 – LAFC is honored with the Community Spirit Award at the Los Angeles 2019 Sports Spectacular
- 07/23/2019 – LAFC U-14 Academy takes USSDA Fair Play Award, defender Tony Leone earns the USSDA Golden Ball award, and forward Christian Torres earns USSDA Golden Boot award
- 07/31/2019 – LAFC has record four players in the 2019 MLS All-Star Game, with Carlos Vela named captain for the second straight season
- 08/17/2019 – LAFC becomes first team of the 2019 season to clinch playoffs with 25 matches played with a total of 58 points
- 10/06/2019 – LAFC wins ‘Front office of the year’ from ISC
- 10/06/2019 – Carlos Vela wins MLS Golden Boot with a record- breaking hat trick for most goals in a single season in the 3-1 victory over Colorado Rapids
- 10/10/2019 – LAFC announces Target as Golden Boot Club Member
- 10/17/2019 – LAFC joins eMLS ahead of the 2020 season
- 10/24/2019 – LAFC’s head coach Bob Bradley named 2019 MLS Coach of the Year
- 10/24/2019 – LAFC takes home first MLS Playoff win in the 5-3 Western Conference semifinal victory over the LA Galaxy
- 10/29/2019 – LAFC reaches the Western Conference Final for first time, a 3-1 loss against the Seattle Sounders
- 11/04/2019 – Carlos Vela is named 2019 MLS MVP
- 12/03/2019 – LAFC VP of Business & Data Strategy Ryan Bishara named to Forbes 30 under 30
- 12/06/2019 – LAFC executive Larry Freedman named Executive of the Year by MLS
- 12/11/2019 – LAFC signs Martin “RemiMartinn” Oregel as first eMLS player in club history
- 02/27/2020 – LAFC advances to the CCL quarterfinals with a 3-0 win over León, marking the first-ever international tournament win for the Club
- 03/12/2020 – MLS suspends the season for 30 days as a result of the global COVID-19 pandemic. Play eventually resumes in July for the MLS is Back Tournament
- 05/26/2020 – LAFC and Banc of California, N.A. jointly announce a restructuring of their long-term partnership. The restructuring will include the bank eventually stepping away from its naming-rights position on LAFC’s downtown stadium, while continuing to serve as LAFC’s primary banking partner and remaining a partner on a number of other collaborations
- 07/08/2020 – LAFC signs the first three homegrown, former LAFC Academy players in Club history – Tony Leone, Christian Torres and Erik Dueñas
- 07/13/2020 – After being relegated to the sidelines as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the MLS is Back tournament commences. The Club fares well in the bubble atmosphere in Orlando, FL after advancing past the group stage, but ultimately falls to Orlando City SC in penalties in the Quarterfinals
- 08/08/2020 – LAFC and MLS announce the continuation of the 2020 season in home markets after the completion of the MLS is Back Tournament
- 08/18/2020 – LAFC announces that Tom Penn is stepping away from the Club President role. Penn will remain engaged with LAFC as an Executive Consultant. The Club also announced that LAFC’s Chief Business Officer, Larry Freedman, and EVP of Soccer Operations & General Manager, John Thorrington, will share the role of interim president.
- 08/30/20 – Christian Torres becomes the first-ever homegrown former LAFC Academy member to feature in an MLS match
- 09/09/2020 – After the dissolution of the USSDA system in early 2020, LAFC Academy announces its participation in MLS NEXT, the new elite youth development platform created by the league in collaboration with the top elite youth academies around the country
- 09/23/2020 – In a 6-0 rout of the Vancouver Whitecaps for the record books, Dejan Jaković scores the fastest goal in Club history at minute 1:36, the Club establishes a new MLS record for the fastest five goals scored from kickoff in MLS history (32:13, breaking the record of 32:43 set by Seattle on September 10 vs. San Jose). The Club also sets the record for the fastest four goals scored from kickoff in MLS history at 13:11.
- 10/18/2020 – Christian Torres scores his first MLS goal, marking the first-ever goal by a homegrown, former LAFC Academy member on the First Team
- 10/20/2020 – Head Coach Bob Bradley reaches 100 games coached with LAFC
- 10/30/2020 – Banc of California Stadium opens as a local polling station for the 2020 Presidential Election
- 10/30/2020 – LAFC celebrates its sixth anniversary
- 11/08/2020 – Diego Rossi wins the MLS Golden Boot, becoming the youngest in league history to do so (22 years old). LAFC becomes the first team in MLS history to have Golden Boot winners in consecutive seasons, after Carlos Vela won in 2019 with an MLS record 34 goals
- 11/13/2020 – Bradley Wright-Phillips named MLS Comeback Player of the Year
- 11/16/2020 – Diego Rossi named MLS Young Player of the Year
- 12/22/2020 – LAFC suffers a 2-1 defeat to Liga MX club Tigres UANL in the CONCACAF Champions League Final, but beforehand became the first MLS club to defeat three separate Liga MX clubs after taking down Club León (Round Of 16: 3-2), Cruz Azul (Quarterfinal: 2-1) and Club América (SemiFinal: 3-1). This was also the Club’s first-ever international competition.
- 01/05/2021 – The Walt Chyzowych Fund announced that LAFC head coach and former U.S. Men’s National Team head coach Bob Bradley will receive the 27th Walt Chyzowych Lifetime Achievement Award. The Chyzowych Fund is a named Fund of the United Soccer Coaches Foundation.
- 03/01/2021 – LAFC and Real So Cal Soccer Club announce the formation of LAFC So Cal Youth, a partnership that extends LAFC’s player development expertise to the over 4,000 youth soccer players in the Real So Cal and West Valley Soccer League (WVSL) program.
- 03/12/2021 – LAFC announces the establishment of a USL affiliate partnership with the Las Vegas Lights FC of the USL Championship, beginning with the start of the upcoming 2021 season