Jesus Murillo, Jose Cifuentes, Carlos Vela and Cristian Arango all scored seond half goals to lead LAFC to a convincing 5-0 win over Charlotte FC on Saturday night in front of a capacity crowd at Banc of California Stadium. LAFC have now won six consecutive MLS games for the first time in Club history and remain atop the MLS standings with a 17-4-3 record for 54 points.
The Black & Gold will have just two days of training before returning to action on Tuesday, August 16 when they host D.C. United at Banc of California Stadium. That game will kick off at 7:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast locally on KCOP13 and Estrella TV. It will also be available on the radio on ESPN 710 AM, the ESPN LA App, and 980 AM La Mera La Mera as well as in-stadium with the Mixhalo app.
NEWS & NOTES:
- With the win, LAFC is now 17-4-3 on the season for a league-best 54 points. The club is six points ahead of Austin FC and the Philadelphia Union in the race for the Supporters Shield.
- LAFC is now 10-1-2 at home this season for 32 of the club’s MLS-best 54 points.
- Tonight’s win extended LAFC’s winning streak in league games to six games, setting a new club record.
- The win was also LAFC’s sixth straight home victory, equaling a club record that was originally set during the 2019 season.
- LAFC is now 17-0-1 when scoring two or more goals in a game this season and 9-0-0 when scoring three or more goals.
- In eight games against the Eastern Conference this season, LAFC is 7-0-1 for 22 of a possible 24 points.
- LAFC is now a perfect 17-0-0 when scoring first this season.