In partnership with the Bresee Youth Center, LAFC Youth Leadership program empowers and trains at-risk high school students to organize and coach year-round youth soccer programs in the community, providing job skills, life skills, and developing their leadership skills as mentors and role models.
1. Provide South and Central Los Angeles high school youth with an intensive, high accountability workforce readiness internship experience focused on social etiquette and confidence development.
2. Partner with Los Angeles Football Club to provide interns exposure and involvement in and to the world of professional soccer.
3. Create hands on opportunities for interns to serve their community through soccer classes, programs, and community events.
Components & Activities
- Soccer Classes – elementary and middle school youth
- Paid Internship
- Activation and Game events
- Mentoring – interns to youth and LAFC staff to interns
- Community Service
LAFC Golden Boot Club Partners Delta Air Lines, Aeromexico and Banc of California are proud partners of the LAFC Youth Leadership Program. The Banc of California Financial Literacy Program is kicking off in 2018. Check back here for more information.